Full time |
Manhattan Beach, CA
Benchmark Hospitalists has become one of the leading Hospitalist groups on the West Coast. We formed the company at the request of our hospital partners who asked us to adapt our knowledge and expertise in patient flow, efficiency, productivity and patient satisfaction to the inpatient sector. Since that time, we have grown through word of mouth and referral to the point where we need a Regional Hospitalist Medical Director to help take the company to the next level.
This position will be responsible for ensuring clinical excellence at our sites, helping in recruiting, retention and provider satisfaction and will assist our principles in interaction with administration teams and in new business development.
- Work clinical shifts in order to maintain an understanding of “on the ground” issues while preserving clinical capability and presence.
- Review daily clinical quality, operational and financial metrics of each site within the region, including month-end reports and data decks.
- Meet on a regular basis with each individual hospital CEO or their designee.
- Attend monthly Hospitalist department meetings.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with client administrative teams and supporting the local on-site director while serving as the Group ambassador.
- Assist and drive new business development efforts including participation in RFP creation and development, interviews and contract negotiation.
- Meet with Group management on a monthly basis to review the state of each Hospitalist program and focus on priorities in the organization.
- Establish the annual strategic plan for each site in the region and meet monthly with site directors to review performance and adjust plan as required.
- Work with the Group/MSO recruiter to create a Hospitalist medicine provider pool.
- Lead physician relationship management including retention and satisfaction initiatives, helping instill the Group’s culture at the site level and reinforcing our principles.
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, able to manage physicians and allied health professionals.
- Self-starter, ready to tackle problems on all levels to assure the success of each program.
- Able to travel routinely to each site to assure stability of each individual programs.
- Desirous to participate in the growth of the company and profit share.
- Internal Medicine MD with unrestricted medical license required.
- Minimum of seven years of clinical practice.
- Previous in a leadership role in a hospitalist organization.
- Three to five years of management experience preferred within a health care delivery system.